- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
7. (1) An employer shall not undertake any work with asbestos unless he has prepared a suitable written plan of work (hereinafter referred to in this regulation as “the plan of work”) detailing how that work is to be carried out.
(2) The employer shall keep a copy of the plan of work—
(a)at those premises at which; and
(b)for such time as,
the work to which the plan relates is being carried out.
(3) The plan of work shall include in particular details of—
(a)the nature and probable duration of the work;
(b)the location of the place where the work is to be carried out;
(c)the methods to be applied where the work involves the handling of asbestos or materials containing asbestos;
(d)the characteristics of the equipment to be used for—
(i)protection and decontamination of those carrying out the work,
(ii)protection of other persons on or near the worksite; and
(e)the measures which the employer intends to take in order to comply with the requirements of regulation 10.
(4) The employer shall ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that the work to which the plan of work relates is carried out in accordance with that plan.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: