- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
25. (1) The Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 is amended as follows.
(2) For paragraph (b) of section 2(2) (membership of Speaker’s Committee)(1), substitute—
“(b)the Lord Chancellor;”.
(3) After section 159 insert—
159A In this Act, except—
(a)sections 9, 18(2) and (4) and 70, and
(b)paragraph 7 of Schedule 9,
“the Secretary of State” means the Secretary of State or the Lord Chancellor.”
(4) In paragraph 2(1)(c) of Schedule 2 (Speaker’s Committee: term of office)(2), for “Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions” substitute “Lord Chancellor”.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: