- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
13.—(1) A person does not commit an offence under any of articles 6 to 9 if he is acting with the express consent of a constable.
(2) Subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), a person does not commit an offence under any of articles 6 to 9 by involvement in a transaction or arrangement relating to money or other property if he discloses to a constable—
(a)his suspicion or belief that the money or other property is terrorist property, and
(b)the information on which his suspicion or belief is based.
(3) Paragraph (2) applies only where a person makes a disclosure—
(a)after he becomes involved in the transaction or arrangement concerned,
(b)on his own initiative, and
(c)as soon as is reasonably practicable.
(4) Paragraph (2) does not apply to a person if—
(a)a constable forbids him to continue his involvement in the transaction or arrangement to which the disclosure relates, and
(b)he continues his involvement.
(5) It is a defence for a person charged with an offence under any of articles 6(2) and (3) and 7 to 9 to prove that—
(a)he intended to make a disclosure of the kind mentioned in paragraphs (2) and (3), and
(b)there is reasonable excuse for his failure to do so.
(a)a person is in employment, and
(b)his employer has established a procedure for the making of disclosures of the same kind as may be made to a constable under paragraph (2),
this article shall have effect in relation to that person as if any reference to disclosure to a constable included a reference to disclosure in accordance with the procedure.
(7) A reference in this article to a transaction or arrangement relating to money or other property includes a reference to use or possession.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: