- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
SPORTS GROUNDS AND SPORTING EVENTS
8th July 2002
Laid before Parliament
9th July 2002
Coming into force
31st July 2002
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred on her by sections 11(1) to (3) of the Football Spectators Act 1989(1), after consulting the Football Licensing Authority, hereby makes the following Order:
1. This Order may be cited as the Football Spectators (Seating) Order 2002 and shall come into force on 31st July 2002.
2. (1) The Secretary of State hereby directs the Football Licensing Authority as set out in paragraph (2) below.
(2) When granting any licence to admit spectators(2) to the premises specified in column (1) of Schedule 1 hereto and further identified in column (2) of that Schedule by the name of the football club of which it is the home ground, it shall include a condition imposing the requirements, as respects the seating of spectators at designated football matches(3) at the said premises, specified in Schedule 2 hereto.
Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport
8th July 2002
|Address||The Home Ground of|
|Burnley Football Club|
|Fulham Football Club|
|The Walker’s Stadium|
|Leicester City Football Club|
|Reading Football Club|
1. Only seated accommodation shall be provided for spectators at a designated football match.
2. Spectators shall only be admitted to watch a designated football match from seated accommodation.
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order directs the Football Licensing Authority to include in any licence to admit spectators to the football grounds specified in Schedule 1 a condition imposing requirements specified in Schedule 2 as respects the seating of spectators at designated football matches at those premises. “Designated football matches” are those association football matches designated by the Secretary of State, under the powers conferred by section 1(2) of the Football Spectators (Designation of Football Matches in England and Wales) Order 2000 (S.I. 2000/3331) and they include all associations football matches played at the premises specified in Schedule 1 to this Order.
The Football Licensing Authority is already required to include a condition imposing seating requirements in licences granted in respect of the premises listed in Schedule 1 to the Football Spectators (Seating) Order 1994 (S.I. 1994/1666), the Football Spectators (Seating) Order 1995 (S.I. 1995/1706), the Football Spectators (Seating) Order 1996 (S.I. 1996/1706), the Football Spectators (Seating) Order 1997 (S.I. 1997/1677), the Football Spectators (Seating) Order 1998 (S.I. 1998/1599), the Football Spectators (Seating) Order 1999 (S.I. 1999/1926), the Football Spectators (Seating) Order 2000 (S.I. 2000/1739), and the Football Spectators (Seating) Order 2001 S.I. (2001/2373).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: