- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
54. (1) This regulation applies where an inquiry has been held for the purposes of any appeal to be determined by the Secretary of State.
(2) The Secretary of State shall, as soon as practicable, notify her decision on an appeal, and her reasons for it, in writing to—
(a)the appellant and the Agency; and
(b)any other person who—
(i)appeared at the inquiry, or
(ii)has made representations to the Secretary of State under regulation 21(c).
(3) Where a copy of the inspector’s report is not sent with the notification of the decision, the notification shall be accompanied by a statement of his conclusions and of any recommendations made by him, and if a person entitled to be notified of the decision has not received a copy of that report, he shall be supplied with a copy of it on written application to the Secretary of State.
(4) In this regulation, “report” includes any assessor’s report appended to the inspector’s report but not any other documents so appended; but any person who has received a copy of the report may apply to the Secretary of State, in writing, within six weeks of the date of the Secretary of State’s decision, for an opportunity of inspecting such documents, and the Secretary of State shall afford him such an opportunity.
(5) Any person applying to the Secretary of State under paragraph (3) or (4) shall ensure that his application is received by the Secretary of State within four weeks of the Secretary of State’s determination.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: