- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
12.—(1) This article applies to continued provisions instead of section 154 of the Act (verification of rules).
(2) The production of a printed copy of a designation instrument or a continued provision purporting to be made by the Authority” on which is endorsed a certificate which—
(a)is signed by a member of the Authority”’s staff authorised by it for that purpose, and
(b)contains the required statement or statements,
is evidence (or in Scotland, sufficient evidence) of the facts stated in the certificate.
(3) The required statements in relation to a copy of a designation instrument are—
(a)that the instrument was made by the Authority”;
(b)that the copy is a true copy of the instrument; and
(c)that on a specified date the instrument was published in accordance with article 9.
(4) The required statement in relation to a copy of a continued provision is that the text set out in the document is a continued provision within the meaning of this Part.
(5) A certificate purporting to be signed as mentioned in paragraph (2) is to be taken to have been properly signed unless the contrary is shown.
(6) A person who wishes in any legal proceedings to rely on a designation instrument or on a continued provision may require the Authority” to endorse a copy of that instrument or provision with a certificate of the kind mentioned in paragraph (2).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: