- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) Subject to the following provisions of this paragraph, sections 271 to 274 of the 1990 Act (power to extinguish rights of statutory undertakers, etc. and power of statutory undertakers, etc. to remove or re-site apparatus) shall apply in relation to any land acquired under this Order, or which is held by the undertaker and is appropriated or used (or about to be used) by it for the purposes of the Order or purposes connected therewith, and all such other provisions of that Act as apply for the purposes of those provisions (including sections 275 to 278, which contain provisions consequential on the extinguishment of any rights under sections 271 and 272, and sections 279(2) to (4), 280 and 282, which provide for the payment of compensation) shall have effect accordingly.
(2) In the provisions of the 1990 Act, as applied by sub-paragraph (1) above, references to the appropriate Minister are references to the Secretary of State.
(3) Where any apparatus of public utility undertakers or of a public telecommunications operator is removed in pursuance of a notice or order given or made under section 271, 272 or 273 of the 1990 Act, as applied by sub-paragraph (1), any person who is the owner or occupier of premises to which a supply was given from that apparatus shall be entitled to recover from the undertaker compensation in respect of expenditure reasonably incurred by him, in consequence of the removal, for the purpose of effecting a connection between the premises and any other apparatus from which a supply is given.
(4) Sub-paragraph (3) shall not apply in the case of the removal of a public sewer but where such a sewer is removed in pursuance of such a notice or order as is mentioned in that sub-paragraph, any person who is—
(a)the owner or occupier of premises the drains of which communicated with that sewer, or
(b)the owner of a private sewer which communicated with that sewer,
shall be entitled to recover from the undertaker compensation in respect of expenditure reasonably incurred by him, in consequence of the removal, for the purpose of making his drain or sewer communicate with any other public sewer or with a private sewage disposal plant.
(5) The provisions of the 1990 Act mentioned in sub-paragraph (1), as applied by that sub-paragraph, shall not have effect in relation to apparatus as respects which paragraph 2 or Part III of the 1991 Act applies.
(6) In this paragraph—
“public telecommunications operator” means—
a person authorised, by a licence to which section 9 of the Telecommunications Act 1984(1) applies, to run a public telecommunications system, or
a person to whom the telecommunications code has been applied pursuant to section 10 of that Act, and
“public utility undertakers” has the same meaning as in the Highways Act 1980(2).
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: