- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Al-Qa'ida and Taliban (United Nations Measures) Order 2002 and shall come into force on 25th January 2002.
(2) If the Security Council of the United Nations takes any decision which has the effect of cancelling, extending, or suspending the operation of the resolutions adopted by it on 15th October 1999, 19th December 2000 or 16th January 2002, in whole or in part, this Order shall cease to have effect or its operation shall be extended or suspended, in whole or in part, as the case may be, in accordance with that decision; and particulars of that decision shall be published by the Secretary of State in a notice in the London, Edinburgh and Belfast Gazettes.
(3) This Order shall extend to the United Kingdom.
(4) Articles 6, 7 and 8 shall apply to any person within the United Kingdom and to any person elsewhere who—
(a)is a British citizen, a British Dependent Territories citizen, a British Overseas citizen, a British subject, a British National (Overseas), or a British protected person; or
(b)is a body incorporated or constituted under the law of any part of the United Kingdom.
(6) The Terrorism (United Nations Measures Order 2001(3) is amended by replacing in article 2 the words, ““funds” means financial assets and economic benefits of any kind” with the words, ““funds” means financial assets, economic benefits and economic resources of any kind”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: