- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. The first meeting of the Commission shall be held on such day and at such place as may be fixed by the chairman, and he shall be responsible for convening the meeting.
2. (1) The chairman may call a meeting of the Commission at any time.
(2) If a requisition for a meeting, signed by at least one third of the total number of members, is presented to the chairman, and the chairman either—
(a)refuses to call a meeting; or
(b)without so refusing, does not within 21 days after the requisition has been presented to him call a meeting,
those members may forthwith call a meeting.
(3) Before each meeting of the Commission, a notice of the meeting which—
(a)specifies the principal business proposed to be transacted at it, and
(b)is signed by the chairman or by an officer of the Commission authorised by the chairman to sign on his behalf,
shall be delivered to each member, or sent by post to his last known address, at least seven clear days before the day of the meeting.
(4) The proceedings of any meeting shall not be invalidated by a failure to deliver such notice to any member.
(5) In the case of a meeting called under sub-paragraph (2) above by members, the notice shall be signed by those members and no business other than that specified in the notice shall be transacted at the meeting.
3. (1) At any meeting of the Commission the chairman or, in his absence, the vice-chairman (if there is one and he is present) shall preside.
(2) If the chairman and any vice-chairman are absent, such other Regional Commissioner present as the other members present shall choose for the purpose shall preside.
4. Every question at a meeting shall be determined by a majority of votes of the members present and competent to vote on the question and, in the case of an equality of votes, the chairman or, in his absence, the person presiding at the meeting shall have a second or casting vote.
5. (1) Subject to sub-paragraph (2) below, no business shall be transacted at any meeting unless at least the third of the membership (the chairman being included for this purpose in the reckoning) is present.
(2) The chairman and at least two members shall be present at the meeting of the Commission which is convened for the purpose of appointing a person to act as the chief officer of the Commission.
6. (1) The minutes of the proceedings of a meeting shall be drawn up and shall be signed at the next ensuing meeting by the person presiding at that next meeting.
(2) The names of the members present at a meeting shall be recorded in the minutes.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: