- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
7th March 2001
Coming into force
2nd April 2001
The Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, in exercise of the powers conferred upon him by sections 132(3) and (4), 101(1) and 146(1) and (2) of the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996(2) and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, hereby makes the following Regulations:
1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Relocation Grants (Form of Application) (Amendment) Regulations 2001 and shall come into force on 2nd April 2001.
(2) These Regulations extend to England only.
2. The form set out in the Schedule to the Relocation Grants (Form of Application) Regulations 1997(3) is amended in accordance with the Schedule to these Regulations.
3. The amendments made by these Regulations shall not have effect in relation to applications for grant made before the date on which these Regulations come into force.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions
Minister of State,
Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions
7th March 2001
1. In question 4.31, insert in the appropriate place—
2. In question 4.34, for “and 50B”, substitute “, 50B and 50C”.
3. After question 4.34, insert—
4. In question 4.38, insert—
5. In note 19, after the words “child benefit purposes”, insert “, or who is in the care of a local authority and has been placed with you by the authority”.
6. In note 45, after “(provision of financial assistance to students)”, insert—
a grant for school meals for dependent children, or for meals for dependent children aged 3 or 4, paid by virtue of regulations made under section 22 of the Teaching and Higher Education Act 1998”(4).
7. After note 46C, insert—
“46D. You must include any payment from access funds intended to enable you as a student to meet ordinary living expenses—the cost of food, household fuel, rent, clothing, and footwear—water charges or the Council Tax. Access fund payments for these purposes are disregarded to the extent of £20 per week, but should be included in any case. You need not include any access fund payments that were for other purposes.”.
8. After note 50B, insert—
“50C. Please do not include—
any lump sum payment of subsistence allowance payable in respect of participation in an employment zone programme;
any payment in connection with a scheme to reduce under-occupation, made under regulation 11 of the Social Security (Payments to Reduce Under-occupation) Regulations 2000(5).
50D. Where an ex gratia payment of £10,000 has been made by the Secretary of State on or after 1 February 2001 in consequence of the imprisonment or internment by the Japanese in the Second World War of (a) you, (b) your partner, (c) a deceased spouse of yours, or (d) a deceased spouse of your partner, that sum will be disregarded as capital”(6).
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations amend the Form set out in the Schedule to the Relocation Grants (Form of Application) Regulations 1997, to be used for an application for relocation grant payable under sections 131 to 140 of the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996.
See the definition of “prescribed” in section 101.
1996 c. 53; the Secretary of State can exercise the power under these sections only in relation to England; see article 2 of and Schedule 1 to the National Assembly for Wales (Transfer of Functions) Order 1999 (S.I. 1999/672).
Social Security (Payments to Reduce Under-occupation) Regulations 2000, S.I. 2000/637.
The Social Security Amendment (Capital Disregards) Regulations 2001, S.I. 2001/22.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: