- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
7. (1) This regulation applies to vehicles, other than works trucks, road rollers and agricultural machines, first registered before the relevant date.
(2) Except as provided in paragraph (4), a registration plate must be fixed in the manner required by paragraph (3) on—
(a)the front of the vehicle, and
(b)the rear of—
(i)the vehicle or,
(ii)where the vehicle is towing a trailer, the trailer or,
(iii)where the vehicle is towing more than one trailer, the rearmost trailer.
(3) This paragraph requires each plate to be fixed—
(a)in a vertical position or, where that is not possible, in a position as close to the vertical as is reasonably practicable, and
(b)in such a position that in normal daylight the characters of the registration mark are easily distinguishable, in the case of a plate fixed on the front of the vehicle, from in front of the vehicle and, in the case of a plate fixed on the rear of the vehicle or trailer, from behind the vehicle or trailer.
(4) In the case of a motor cycle and a motor tricycle which does not have a body of a type which is characteristic of the body of a four-wheeled vehicle, a registration plate need not be fixed on the front of the vehicle.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: