- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
BETTING, GAMING AND LOTTERIES
18th December 2001
Laid before Parliament
19th December 2001
Coming into force
14th January 2002
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred on her by sections 18(1)(c) and 24(2) of the Lotteries and Amusements Act 1976(1), hereby makes the following Order:
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Amusements with Prizes (Variation of Monetary Limits) Order 2001 and shall come into force on 14th January 2002.
(2) This Order extends to England and Wales and Scotland.
2. It is hereby directed that paragraphs (b) and (c) of section 16(3) of the Lotteries and Amusements Act 1976 (conditions on which the provision of amusements is permitted at certain commercial entertainments) shall have effect as if—
(a)for the sum specified in paragraph (b) there were substituted the sum of £90(2); and
(b)for the sum specified in paragraph (c) there were substituted the sum of £25(3).
3. Article 2(b) and (c) of the Amusements with Prizes (Variation of Monetary Limits) Order 1999(4) is hereby revoked.
Minister of State
Department for Culture, Media and Sport
18th December 2001
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order increases certain of the monetary limits specified in section 16(3) of the Lotteries and Amusements Act 1976 (c. 32) and revokes previous provisions which are superseded. It increases the maximum aggregate amount that may be taken by way of the sale of chances in any one determination of winners in a prize bingo game played at certain commercial entertainments from £60 to £90, and increases the maximum money prize that may be distributed or offered at those entertainments from £15 to £25.
By virtue of S.I. 1999/1259, paragraph (b) currently has effect as if £60 were substituted for the sum specified in that paragraph.
By virtue of S.I. 1999/1259, paragraph (c) currently has effect as if £15 were substituted for the sum specified in that paragraph.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: