Regulations 6, 8, 26
SCHEDULE 2INFORMATION REQUIRED IN RESPECT OF PERSONS SEEKING TO CARRY ON, MANAGE OR WORK AT A CHILDREN'S HOME
1. Proof of identity including a recent photograph.
(a)where the certificate is required for a purpose relating to section 115(5)(ea) of the Police Act 1997 (registration under Part II of the Care Standards Act 2000) (1), or the position falls within section 115(3) or (4) of the Police Act 1997(2), an enhanced criminal record certificate issued under section 115 of that Act; or
(b)in any other case, a criminal record certificate issued under section 113 of that Act,
including, where applicable, the matters specified in section 113(3A) or (3C) or 115(6A) or (6B) of that Act(3).
3. Two written references, including a reference from the person’s most recent employer, if any.
4. Where a person has previously worked in a position whose duties involved work with children or vulnerable adults, so far as reasonably practicable verification of the reason why the employment or position ended.
5. Documentary evidence of any relevant qualifications.
6. A full employment history, together with a satisfactory written explanation of any gaps in employment.
7. Details of any criminal offences—
(a)of which the person has been convicted, including details of any convictions which are spent within the meaning of section 1 of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974(4) and which may be disclosed by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975(5); or
(b)in respect of which he has been cautioned by a constable and which, at the time the caution was given, he admitted.
Section 115(5)(ea) is inserted by the Care Standards Act 2000, section 104, on a date to be appointed. Sections 113 and 115, as amended, have not yet been brought into force.
A position is within section 115(3) if it involves regularly caring for, training, supervising or being in sole charge of persons aged under 18. A position is within section 115(4) if it is of a kind specified in regulations and involves regularly caring for, training, supervising or being in sole charge of persons aged 18 or over.
Sections 113(3A) and 115(6A) are added to the Police Act 1997 by section 8 of the Protection of Children Act 1999 (c. 14) on a date to be appointed, and amended by sections 104 and 116 of, and paragraph 25 of Schedule 4 to, the Care Standards Act 2000. Sections 113(3C) and 115(6B) are added to the Police Act 1997 by section 90 of the Care Standards Act 2000 on a date to be appointed.