SCHEDULE 1MATTERS TO BE INCLUDED IN THE STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
1. A statement of the overall aims of the children’s home, and the objectives to be attained with regard to children accommodated in the home.
2. A statement of the facilities and services to be provided for the children accommodated in the children’s home.
3. The name and address of the registered provider, and of the registered manager if applicable.
4. The relevant qualifications and experience of the registered provider and, if applicable, the registered manager.
5. The number, relevant qualifications and experience of persons working at the children’s home, and if the workers are all of one sex, a description of the means whereby the home will promote appropriate role models of both sexes.
6. The arrangements for the supervision, training and development of employees.
7. The organisational structure of the children’s home.
8. The following particulars—
(a)the age-range, sex and numbers of children for whom it is intended that accommodation should be provided;
(b)whether it is intended to accommodate children who are disabled, have special needs or any other special characteristics; and
(c)the range of needs (other than those mentioned in sub-paragraph (b)) that the home is intended to meet.
9. Any criteria used for admission to the home, including the home’s policy and procedures for emergency admissions, if the home provides for emergency admissions.
10. If the children’s home provides or is intended to provide accommodation for more than six children, a description of the positive outcomes intended for children in a home of such a size, and of the home’s strategy for counteracting any adverse effects arising from its size, on the children accommodated there.
11. A description of the children’s home’s underlying ethos and philosophy, and where this is based on any theoretical or therapeutic model, a description of that model.
12. The arrangements made to protect and promote the health of the children accommodated at the home.
13. The arrangements for the promotion of the education of the children accommodated there, including the facilities for private study.
14. The arrangements to promote children’s participation in recreational, sporting and cultural activities.
15. The arrangements made for consultation with the children accommodated about the operation of the children’s home.
16. The arrangements made for the control, restraint and discipline of children.
17. The arrangements made for child protection and to counter bullying.
18. The procedure for dealing with any unauthorised absence of a child from the children’s home.
19. A description of any electronic or mechanical means of surveillance of children which may be used in the children’s home.
20. The fire precautions and associated emergency procedures in the children’s home.
21. The arrangements for the children’s religious instruction and observance.
22. The arrangements for contact between a child and his parents, relatives and friends.
23. The arrangements for dealing with complaints.
24. The arrangements for dealing with reviews of placement plans.
25. The type of accommodation, including the sleeping accommodation, provided, and, where applicable, how children are to be grouped, and in what circumstances they are to share bedrooms.
26. Details of any specific therapeutic techniques used in the home, and arrangements for their supervision.
27. A description of the children’s home’s policy in relation to anti-discriminatory practice as respects children and children’s rights.