- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4.—(1) The registered person shall compile in relation to the children’s home a written statement (in these Regulations referred to as “the statement of purpose”) which shall consist of a statement as to the matters listed in Schedule 1.
(2) The registered person shall provide a copy of the statement of purpose to the Commission(1) and shall make a copy of it available upon request for inspection by—
(a)any person who works at the children’s home;
(b)any child accommodated in the children’s home;
(c)the parent of any child accommodated in the children’s home;
(d)the placing authority of any child accommodated in the home; and
(e)in the case of a qualifying school, the Secretary of State, and Her Majesty’s Inspector of Schools in England,
and in this paragraph references to a child who is accommodated in the children’s home include a child in respect of whom accommodation in the children’s home is being considered.
(3) The registered person shall produce a guide to the children’s home (in these Regulations referred to as “the children’s guide”) which shall include—
(a)a summary of the home’s statement of purpose;
(b)a summary of the complaints procedure established under regulation 24; and
(c)the address and telephone number of the Commission.
(4) The children’s guide shall be produced in a form appropriate to the age, understanding and communication needs of the children to be accommodated in the home.
(5) The registered person shall supply a copy of the children’s guide to the Commission and, on admission, to each child accommodated in the home.
(6) Subject to paragraph (7), the registered person shall ensure that the children’s home is at all times conducted in a manner which is consistent with its statement of purpose.
(7) Nothing in paragraph (6) or in regulation 31 shall require or authorise the registered person to contravene or not comply with—
(a)any other provision of these Regulations; or
(b)the conditions for the time being in force in relation to the registration of the registered person under Part II of the Act.
By virtue of section 6(1) of the Care Standards Act 2000, the Commission means the National Care Standards Commission established under that Act.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: