- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
27. (1) The registered person shall—
(a)ensure that all permanent appointments are subject to the satisfactory completion of a period of probation; and
(b)provide all employees with a job description outlining their responsibilities.
(2) The registered person shall operate a disciplinary procedure which, in particular—
(a)provides for the suspension of an employee where necessary in the interests of the safety or welfare of children accommodated in the home; and
(b)provides that the failure on the part of an employee to report an incident of abuse, or suspected abuse, of a child accommodated in the home to an appropriate person is a ground on which disciplinary proceedings may be instituted.
(3) For the purposes of paragraph (2)(b), an appropriate person is the registered person, an officer of the Commission or of the local authority in whose area the home is situated, or a police officer.
(4) The registered person shall ensure that all persons employed by him—
(a)receive appropriate training, supervision and appraisal; and
(b)are enabled from time to time to obtain further qualifications appropriate to the work they perform.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: