- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Afghanistan (United Nations Sanctions) Order 2001 and shall come into force on 16th February 2001.
(2) If the Security Council of the United Nations takes any decision which has the effect of cancelling or postponing or suspending the operation of the resolutions adopted by it on 15th October 1999 or 19th December 2000, in whole or in part, this Order shall cease to have effect or its operation shall be postponed or suspended, in whole or in part, as the case may be, in accordance with that decision; and particulars of that decision shall be published by the Secretary of State in a notice in the London, Edinburgh and Belfast Gazettes.
(3) This Order shall extend to the United Kingdom.
(4) Articles 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 14 and 15 shall apply to any person within the United Kingdom and to any person elsewhere who—
(a)is a British citizen, a British Dependent Territories citizen, a British Overseas citizen, a British subject, a British National (Overseas), or a British protected person; or
(b)is a body incorporated or constituted under the law of any part of the United Kingdom.
(5) The Afghanistan (United Nations Sanctions) Order 1999(1) is hereby revoked.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: