- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) A member must observe the authority’s code of conduct whenever he—
(a)conducts the business of the authority;
(b)conducts the business of the office to which he has been appointed; or
(c)acts as a representative of the authority,
and references to a member’s official capacity shall be construed accordingly.
(2) An authority’s code of conduct shall not, apart from paragraphs 4 and 5(a) below, have effect in relation to the activities of a member undertaken other than in an official capacity.
(3) Where a member acts as a representative of the authority—
(a)on another relevant authority(1), he must, when acting for that other authority, comply with that other authority’s code of conduct; or
(b)on any other body, he must, when acting for that other body, comply with the authority’s code of conduct, except and insofar as it conflicts with any other lawful obligations to which that other body may be subject.
(4) In this code, “member” includes a co-opted member of an authority.
See section 49(6) of the Local Government Act 2000 for the definition of “relevant authority”.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: