- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
81. (1) The returning officer shall provide a separate ballot box for the reception of—
(a)the covering envelopes when returned by the postal voters (“postal voters' ballot box”), and
(b)postal ballot papers (“postal ballot box”).
(2) Each such ballot box shall be marked “postal voters' ballot box” or “postal ballot box”, as the case may be, and with the name of the constituency or electoral area (or areas) for which the election (or elections) is held.
(3) The postal ballot box shall be shown to the agents present on the occasion of opening the first postal voters' ballot box as being empty.
(4) The returning officer shall then lock the ballot box and apply his seal in such manner as to prevent its being opened without breaking the seal; any of the agents present who wish to add their seals may then do likewise.
(5) The returning officer shall provide the following receptacles—
(a)the receptacle for rejected votes;
(b)the receptacle for declarations of identity;
(c)the receptacle for ballot paper envelopes; and
(d)the receptacle for rejected ballot paper envelopes.
(6) The returning officer shall take proper precautions for the safe custody of every ballot box and receptacle referred to in this regulation.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: