- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. (1) This article applies where—
(a)before the appointed day a public electricity supplier receives a notice pursuant to section 16(2)(1) of the Electricity Act (referred to in this article as a “section 16(2) notice”);
(b)the public electricity supplier has not by the appointed day begun to give a supply of electricity as required by the section 16(2) notice; and
(c)none of the exemptions in section 17 of the Electricity Act apply.
(2) Subject to the following provisions of this article, the section 16(2) notice shall have effect on and after the appointed day as if it were a request for a supply of electricity made to the supply successor and, where there is no connection in place between the premises to which the notice relates and the distribution system of the distribution successor, a request for such a connection made pursuant to section 16 of the Electricity Act (as substituted by section 44) to the distribution successor.
(3) Where the section 16(2) notice is treated as a request for a supply made to the supply successor, the supply successor shall give to the person requiring the supply of electricity a notice which shall state—
(a)the extent to which the person’s proposals are acceptable to the supply successor; and
(b)details as to the price and terms upon which the supply successor is prepared to give a supply of electricity;
in so far as that information has not already been given to the person by the public electricity supplier before the appointed day.
(4) Any connection made by a distribution successor on or after the appointed day as a result of a section 16(2) notice given to a public electricity supplier shall be a connection made in pursuance of section 16(1) of the Electricity Act (as substituted by section 44).
With effect from the appointed day sections 16 and 17 of the Electricity Act are substituted by section 44 which also inserts 16A into that Act.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: