- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. Information on the type of emergency which has occurred, and, where possible, its characteristics, for example, its origin, extent and probable development.
2. Advice on health protection measures, which, depending on the type of emergency, might include—
(a)any restrictions on the consumption of certain foodstuffs and water supply likely to be contaminated;
(b)any basic rules on hygiene and decontamination;
(c)any recommendation to stay indoors;
(d)the distribution and use of protective substances;
(e)any evacuation arrangements;
(f)special warnings for certain population groups.
3. Any announcements recommending co-operation with instructions or requests by the competent authorities.
4. Where an occurrence which is likely to give rise to a release of radioactivity or ionising radiation has happened but no release has yet taken place, the information and advice should include the following—
(a)an invitation to tune in to radio or television;
(b)preparatory advice to establishments with particular collective responsibilities; and
(c)recommendations to occupational groups particularly affected.
5. If time permits, information setting out the basic facts about radioactivity and its effects on persons and on the environment.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: