- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2. (1) The Repatriation of Prisoners Act 1984(1) shall have effect subject to the following provisions of this Article.
(2) In section 2 (transfer of prisoners out of the United Kingdom) in subsection (4)(b)(iii) for the words “section 23 of the Prison Act (Northern Ireland) 1953” there shall be substituted the words “Article 6(3) of the Life Sentences (Northern Ireland) Order 2001”.
(3) In section 3 (transfer of prisoners into the United Kingdom) after subsection (9) there shall be added—
“(10) The provisions contained by virtue of subsection (1)(c) above in a warrant under this Act shall, in the case of a prisoner to whom Article 10 of the Life Sentences (Northern Ireland) Order 2001 (life prisoners transferred to Northern Ireland) applies, include provision specifying the relevant part of his sentence within the meaning of Article 6 of that Order (duty to release certain life prisoners).”.
(4) Paragraph 3 of the Schedule (life imprisonment), as substituted by paragraph 10 of Schedule 2 to the Crime (Sentences) Act 1997(2), is hereby repealed.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: