- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
8.—(1) Subject to the provisions of this paragraph, a hearing shall be held in public.
(2) The adjudicator may direct that the whole or any part of a hearing be held in private if he is satisfied that by reason of—
(a)the likelihood of disclosure of intimate personal or financial circumstances;
(b)the likelihood of disclosure of commercially sensitive information or information obtained in confidence; or
(c)exceptional circumstances not falling within paragraphs (a) or (b);
it is just and reasonable for him so to do.
(3) Where the hearing is in private the adjudicator may admit such persons as he considers appropriate.
(4) Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this paragraph, a representative of the Council on Tribunals may be present in his capacity as such notwithstanding that the hearing, or part of a hearing is not in public and such a person shall not be excluded under sub-paragraph (5).
(5) Without prejudice to any other powers he may have, an adjudicator may exclude from the hearing of an appeal, or part of it, any person whose conduct has disrupted or is likely, in the opinion of the adjudicator, to disrupt the hearing.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: