- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5.—(1) The adjudicator may require the attendance of any person (including a party to the proceedings) as a witness, at a time and place specified by him, at the hearing of an appeal and require him to answer any questions or produce any documents in his custody or control which relate to any matter in the proceedings.
(2) A person in respect of whom a requirement has been made under sub-paragraph (1) may apply to the adjudicator to vary or set aside the requirement.
(3) A person shall not be bound to comply with a requirement under sub-paragraph (1) unless he has been given at least 7 days' notice of the hearing or, if less than 7 days, he has informed the adjudicator that he accepts such notice as he has been given.
(4) A person shall not be bound to comply with a requirement under sub-paragraph (1) unless the necessary expenses of his attendance are paid or tendered to him.
(5) No person shall be required to give any evidence or produce any documents under sub-paragraph (1) which he could not be required to give or produce in the trial of an action in a court of law.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: