2. (1) 11th May 2001 is the day appointed for the coming into force of the provisions mentioned in the following paragraphs.
(2) Section 60(3) of the Act in so far as it relates to—
(a)section 10(5) of, and paragraph 7(4) of Schedule 1 to, the Nurses, Midwives and Health Visitors Act 1997(1);
(b)the following provisions in the Professions Supplementary to Medicine Act 1960(2)—
(i)paragraph 1(1) of the Second Schedule to the extent that it provides that, subject to sub-paragraph (2)(b), a person shall not be eligible for membership of the investigating committee or disciplinary committee set up by a board unless he is a member of that board; and
(ii)paragraph 16(2) of the First Schedule to the extent that it provides that not more than one third of the members of a committee appointed by the Council or a board under paragraph 16(1) may be persons who are not members of the body appointing the committee.
(3) In Schedule 2 to the Act (the Commission for Health Improvement)—
(a)paragraphs 15 and 16; and
(b)paragraphs 17 to 19,
in so far as they are not already in force.
(4) In Schedule 4 to the Act (amendment of enactments), paragraphs 73 and 86, in so far as they are not already in force.
(5) In Schedule 5 to the Act (repeals), the repeals relating to the provisions specified in paragraph (2) of this article, to the extent specified in that paragraph.