- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. This Order may be cited as the Road Traffic (Permitted Parking Area and Special Parking Area) (County of Northamptonshire) (Borough of Northampton) Order 2001 and shall come into force on 2nd July 2001.
2. In this Order—
“the 1984 Act” means the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984(1);
“the 1991 Act” means the Road Traffic Act 1991; and
“the parking area” means the area designated as a permitted parking area and as a special parking area by article 4 of this Order.
3. This Order applies to the Borough of Northampton with the exception of the following roads:
(a)the A508 road from its junction with the Borough boundary to its junction with the A45 road including all its entry and exit slip roads apart from that section of the northbound entry slip road which leads from the Rowtree Road roundabout for a distance of 245 metres measured from the centre of the Rowtree Road roundabout;
(b)the A45 road from its junction with the A508 road to the Borough boundary, including all its entry and exit slip roads;
(c)the A43 trunk road, known as the Blisworth Bypass, from its junction with the A45 road at Danes Camp Way roundabout to the Borough boundary;
(d)the exit slip road leading from junction 15A of the M1 motorway to the Swan Valley Way roundabout;
(e)the entry slip road leading from the Swan Valley Way roundabout to junction 15A of the M1 motorway;
(f)the link road leading from the Swan Valley Way roundabout to the A43 trunk road roundabout;
(g)the A428 trunk road from its junction with Liliput Road at the Liliput Road roundabout to the Borough boundary;
(h)the A43 road from its junction with the A5076 road at the Talavera Way roundabout to the Borough boundary;
(i)the A45 road, known as Weedon Road, from its junction with the C151 road at the Tollgate Way roundabout to the Borough boundary.
4. The Secretary of State hereby designates the area to which this Order applies as—
(a)a permitted parking area; and
(b)a special parking area.
5. Sections 66, 69 to 74, 78, 79 and 82 of, and Schedule 6 to, the 1991 Act shall apply in relation to the parking area and as so applied shall have effect subject to the modifications specified in Schedule 1 to this Order.
6. The 1984 Act shall be modified in relation to the parking area as specified in Schedule 2 to this Order.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State
Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State,
Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions
10th May 2001
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: