- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2. (1) Subject to paragraphs (2) to (4), all of the provisions of the 2000 Act apart from those listed in section 17(3) (which provisions came into force on Royal Assent) shall come into force on 16th February 2001.
(2) Any provision of the 2000 Act apart from section 9, so far as it confers power to make regulations, shall come into force on 29th January 2001.
(3) The coming into force of section 9 of the 2000 Act (which substitutes new enabling powers for those in paragraphs 10 and 11 of Schedule 2 to the 1983 Act) shall not affect the operation of any regulation made in pursuance of a power which would otherwise cease to have effect on the substitution of a new power by section 9 until any such regulation is revoked.
(4) The coming into force of any provision of the 2000 Act by virtue of paragraph (1) above shall not have effect for the purposes of any election where the last day for the publication of the notice of election for that election is before 16th February 2001.
(5) Notwithstanding the coming into force of paragraph 6 of Schedule 1 to the 2000 Act (which substitutes new sections for section 13 of the 1983 Act), section 13(6) of the 1983 Act, as substituted by that paragraph, shall not have effect until such time as regulations made in pursuance of paragraphs 10A and 10B(1)(a) of Schedule 2 to the 1983 Act (which paragraphs are substituted by section 9 of the 2000 Act) come into force.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: