- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Borough of Test Valley (Electoral Changes) Order 2001.
(2) This Order shall come into force—
(a)for the purpose of proceedings preliminary or relating to any election to be held on 1st May 2003, on 10th October 2002;
(b)for all other purposes, on 1st May 2003.
(3) In this Order—
“borough” means the borough of Test Valley;
“existing”, in relation to a ward, means the ward as it exists on the date this Order is made; and
any reference to the map is a reference to the map prepared by the Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions marked “Map of the Borough of Test Valley (Electoral Changes) Order 2001”, and deposited in accordance with regulation 27 of the Local Government Changes for England Regulations 1994(1).
2. (1) The existing wards of the borough(2) shall be abolished.
(2) The borough shall be divided into twenty-four wards which shall bear the names set out in column (1) of the Schedule.
(3) The wards shall comprise the areas described in column (2) of the Schedule by reference to parishes or parish wards or, where an area is not so described, the area designated on the map by reference to the name of the ward and demarcated by red lines; and the number of councillors to be elected for each ward shall be the number specified in respect of the ward in column (3) of the Schedule.
(4) Where a boundary is shown on the map as running along a road, railway line, footway, watercourse or similar geographical feature, it shall be treated as running along the centre line of the feature.
3. (1) The existing wards of the parish of Romsey shall be abolished.
(2) The parish shall be divided into three parish wards which shall bear the names Abbey, Cupernham and Tadburn; each parish ward shall comprise the area of the borough ward bearing the same name; and the number of councillors to be elected for each parish ward shall be five.
4. The existing parish ward of Valley Park of the parish of Chilworth shall be known as the parish ward of Chilworth North of that parish.
5. The District of Test Valley (Electoral Arrangements) Order 1975 is hereby revoked.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State,
Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions
14th March 2001
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: