- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
13. (1) The National Health Service Act 1977(1) is amended as follows.
(2) In section 23 (voluntary organisations and other bodies), in subsection (2)(2), for “or Special Health Authority” there is substituted “ , Special Health Authority or Primary Care Trust,”.
(3) In each of sections 81 (charges for more expensive supplies) and 82 (charges for repairs and replacements in certain cases), in paragraph (a)(3), for “or an NHS trust” there is substituted “, a Primary Care Trust or an NHS trust”.
(4) In section 83 (sums payable to those providing services), in paragraph (a)(4), for “or Special Health Authority” there is substituted “ , Special Health Authority or Primary Care Trust,”.
(5) In section 83A (remission and repayment of charges etc.)(5), in subsection (1)–
(a)in paragraph (b), after “Secretary of State” there is inserted “ , a Primary Care Trust”;
(b)in paragraph (c), after “prescribed to” there is inserted “a Primary Care Trust or”.
(6) In section 98 (accounts and audit)(6) there is added at the end–
“(6) Nothing in this section shall require the keeping, preparation or transmission of accounts by a Primary Care Trust in respect of any financial year ending earlier than the trust’s operational date.”
(7) In section 125 (protection of members and officers of authorities)(7), the word “and” at the end of paragraph (b) is omitted, and after that paragraph there is inserted–
“(bb)a Primary Care Trust; and”.
Section 23(2) was amended by the 1995 Act, Schedule 1, paragraph 13.
Sections 81(a) and 82(a) were amended by the 1990 Act, Schedule 2, paragraph 22.
Section 83(a) was amended by the 1995 Act, Schedule 1, paragraph 39.
Section 83A was inserted by the Social Security Act 1988 (c. 7), section 14; paragraph (b) was amended by the 1990 Act, Schedule 9, paragraph 18(5)(a); paragraph (c) was inserted by the 1990 Act, Schedule 9, paragraph 18(5)(b) and amended by the 1995 Act, Schedule 1, paragraph 40.
Section 98 has been amended so as to apply to Primary Care Trusts by the 1999 Act, Schedule 4, paragraph 33.
Paragraphs (a) to (c) of section 125 were substituted by the 1995 Act, Schedule 1, paragraph 56.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: