- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
12. (1) Where the relevant Minister objects, on grounds of the need to secure that information is not disclosed contrary to the interests of national security, to the disclosure of–
(a)his notice in reply to the appellant, the Commissioner or, in the case of an appeal under regulation 32(6) of the Regulations, the respondent telecommunications provider; or
(b)the reply of a respondent telecommunications provider to the appellant or the Commissioner,
he may send a notice of objection to the Tribunal.
(2) A notice of objection under paragraph (1) above must be sent–
(a)where paragraph (1)(a) above applies, with the notice in reply; and
(b)where paragraph (1)(b) above applies, within 42 days of the date on which he receives the copy mentioned in rule 8(3) above.
(3) A notice of objection under paragraph (1) above shall–
(a)state the reasons for the objection; and
(b)where paragraph (1)(a) above applies, if and to the extent it is possible to do so without disclosing information contrary to the interests of national security, be accompanied by a version of the relevant Minister’s notice in a form which can be shown to the appellant, the Commissioner or, as the case may be, the respondent telecommunications provider.
(4) Where the relevant Minister sends a notice of objection under paragraph (1) above, the Tribunal must not disclose the material in question otherwise than in accordance with rule 17 below.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: