- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the London Borough of Bexley (Electoral Changes) Order 2000.
(2) This Order shall come into force—
(a)for the purpose of proceedings preliminary or relating to any election to be held on 2nd May 2002, on 10th October 2001;
(b)for all other purposes, on 2nd May 2002.
(3) In this Order—
“borough” means the London borough of Bexley;
“existing”, in relation to a ward, means the ward as it exists on the date this Order is made; and
any reference to the map is a reference to the map prepared by the Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions marked “Map of the London Borough of Bexley (Electoral Changes) Order 2000”, and deposited in accordance with regulation 27 of the Local Government Changes for England Regulations 1994(1).
2.—(1) The existing wards of the borough(2) shall be abolished.
(2) The borough shall be divided into twenty-one wards which shall bear the names set out in the Schedule.
(3) The wards shall comprise the areas designated on the map by reference to the names of the wards and demarcated by red lines; and the number of councillors to be elected for each ward shall be three.
(4) Where a boundary is shown on the map as running along a road, railway line, footway, watercourse or similar geographical feature, it shall be treated as running along the centre line of the feature.
3. The London Borough of Bexley (Electoral Arrangements) Order 1977 is hereby revoked.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for the Environment, Transport and the Regions
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State,
Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions
10th February 2000
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: