- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. This Order may be cited as the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (Commencement No. 8 and Transitional Provisions) Order 2000.
2. In this Order “the 1999 Act” means the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
3. The provisions of the 1999 Act specified in column 1 of the Schedule to this Order shall come into force on 11th December 2000, but where a particular purpose is specified in relation to any such provision in column 2 of that Schedule, the provision shall come into force on that date only for that purpose.
4. With effect from 27th November 2000, the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (Commencement No. 7) Order 2000(1) is amended as follows—
(a)in article 2, after “1st January 2001” insert “, subject to the transitional provision contained in article 3,”; and
(b)after article 2 insert—
3. The provisions of the 1949 Act as they are in force on 31st December 2000 shall continue to apply in respect of any marriage, notice of which has been entered in the marriage notice book for—
(a)the registration district referred to in section 27(1)(a) or (2) of the 1949 Act, or
(b)each registration district referred to in section 27(1)(b) of the 1949 Act,
before 1st January 2001.”.
5. With effect from 27th November 2000, the limitations on the taking effect of a variation and on a requirement to leave the United Kingdom contained in section 14(1) of the Immigration Act 1971(2) and in paragraph 7 of Schedule 2 to the Asylum and Immigration Appeals Act 1993(3) (as continued in force by paragraphs 2(5) and 3(4) of Schedule 2 to the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (Commencement No. 6 and Consequential Provisions) Order 2000 (4)) are to be disregarded in calculating, for the purposes of section 61 or 69(2) of the 1999 Act, whether, as a result of a decision, a person may be required to leave the United Kingdom within 28 days.
Minister of State
19th November 2000
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: