- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5. (1) The Secretary may direct the respondent to respond to the application within 15 working days after the date he receives the direction.
(2) If the respondent fails to respond as directed, he shall not be entitled to take any further part in the proceedings.
(3) The response must—
(a)acknowledge that the respondent has received a copy of the application;
(b)indicate whether or not he opposes it, and if he does, why;
(c)provide the information and documents required under paragraph (4).
(4) The following information and documents are required under this paragraph—
(a)the name, address and profession of the person (if any) representing the respondent and whether the Secretary should send documents concerning the application to the representative rather than to the respondent;
(b)copies of any letter informing the applicant of a decision which is the subject of the application;
(c)copies of any information submitted with a reference under section 2 of the Act and of any observations submitted on it by the applicant;
(d)copies of any material relied on by the respondent in making a decision under the Education Regulations.
(5) The Secretary must without delay send to the applicant a copy of the response and the information and documents provided with it (subject, in the case of any material provided in accordance with sub-paragraph (4)(d), to any direction of the President under regulation 21).
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: