Notice of commencement and completion of certain stages of work
15.—(1) A person who proposes to carry out building work shall not commence that work unless—
(a)he has given the local authority notice that he intends to commence work; and
(b)at least two days have elapsed since the end of the day on which he gave the notice.
(2) A person carrying out building work shall not—
(a)cover up any excavation for a foundation, any foundation, any damp-proof course or any concrete or other material laid over a site; or
(b)cover up in any way any drain or sewer to which these Regulations apply, unless he has given the local authority notice that he intends to commence that work, and at least one day has elapsed since the end of the day on which he gave the notice.
(3) A person who has laid, haunched or covered any drain or sewer in respect of which Part H of Schedule 1 (drainage and waste disposal) imposes a requirement shall give notice to that effect to the local authority not more than five days after the completion of the work.
(4) A person carrying out building work shall, not more than five days after that work has been completed, give the local authority notice to that effect.
(5) Where a building is being erected, and that building (or any part of it) is to be occupied before completion, the person carrying out that work shall give the local authority at least five days notice before the building or any part of it is occupied.
(6) Where a person fails to comply with paragraphs (1) to (3), he shall comply within a reasonable time with any notice given by the local authority requiring him to cut into, lay open or pull down so much of the work as prevents them from ascertaining whether these Regulations have been complied with.
(7) If the local authority have given notice specifying the manner in which any work contravenes the requirements in these Regulations, a person who has carried out any further work to secure compliance with these Regulations shall within a reasonable time after the completion of such further work give notice to the local authority of its completion.