- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
12. (1) In this regulation “relevant use” means a use as a workplace of a kind to which Part II of the Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regulations 1997(1) applies or a use designated under section 1 of the Fire Precautions Act 1971(2);
(2) Subject to the following provisions of this regulation, a person who intends to carry out building work or to make a material change of use shall—
(a)give to the local authority a building notice in accordance with regulation 13; or
(b)deposit full plans with the local authority in accordance with regulation 14.
(3) A person shall deposit full plans where he intends to carry out building work in relation to a building put or intended to be put to a use which is a relevant use.
(4) A person shall deposit full plans where he intends to carry out work which includes the erection of a building fronting on to a private street.
(5) A person who intends to carry out building work consisting only of the installation of a heat-producing gas appliance is not required to give a building notice or deposit full plans if the appliance is to be installed by a person, or an employee of a person, approved in accordance with regulation 3 of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998(3).
(6) Where regulation 20 of the Building (Approved Inspectors etc.) Regulations 2000(4) (local authority powers in relation to partly completed work) applies, the owner shall comply with the requirements of that regulation instead of with this regulation.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: