- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10. (1) An applicant for a works licence or a dredging licence who is aggrieved by—
(a)a refusal of the Council to grant a licence; or
(b)any terms or conditions subject to which the licence is granted; or
(c)any modifications required by the Council in the plans, sections and particulars submitted by the applicant;
may, within 28 days from the date on which the Council notify the applicant of their decision or the date on which the Council are, under article 8(8) of this Order, deemed to have refused the application, appeal to the Secretary of State.
(2) An appeal under paragraph (1) shall be made by notice in writing stating the grounds of the appeal.
(3) The appellant shall send to the Council a copy of the notice of his appeal; and the Council may, within 28 days of the receipt, furnish the Secretary of State with their observations on the appeal.
(4) The Secretary of State may confirm, vary or revoke the decision appealed against and may make such consequential amendment as he may specify.
(5) The Secretary of State may direct the Council to give effect to his decision, and the Council shall forthwith comply with any direction given.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: