25. If necessary, piglets shall be provided with a source of heat and a solid, dry and comfortable lying area away from the sow where all of them can rest at the same time.
26. Where a farrowing crate is used, the piglets shall have sufficient space to enable them to suckle without difficulty.
27. Neither tail docking nor tooth clipping shall be carried out routinely but only when there is evidence, on the farm, that injuries to sows' teats or to other pigs' ears or tails have occurred as a result of not carrying out these procedures.
28. Where tooth clipping appears necessary, this shall only be carried out within seven days of birth.
29. Piglets shall not be weaned from the sow at an age of less than three weeks unless the welfare or health of the dam or piglets would otherwise be adversely affected.