- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (Commencement No. 2 and Transitional Provisions) Order 2000.
(2) In this Order “the Act” means the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
2. The provisions of the Act specified in column 1 of the Schedule to this Order shall come into force on the date specified in column 2 of that Schedule, but where a particular purpose is specified in relation to any such provision in column 3 of that Schedule, the provision concerned shall come into force on that date only for that purpose.
3. (1) The adjudicators and the Immigration Appeal Tribunal for the purposes of the Act are to be treated as the adjudicators and the Immigration Appeal Tribunal for the purposes of the previous Immigration Acts.
(a)references (however expressed) to the Act in the appeals provisions, or in any enactment as amended by those provisions, are to be construed as including a reference to the previous Immigration Acts;
(b)references (however expressed) in any Act or in any subordinate legislation (within the meaning of section 21(1) of the Interpretation Act 1978(1)) to adjudicators or the Immigration Appeal Tribunal for the purposes of any of the previous Immigration Acts are to be construed as including references to the adjudicators (other than Asylum Support Adjudicators) or (as the case may be) the Immigration Appeal Tribunal for the purposes of the Act; and
(c)the designation of an adjudicator as a special adjudicator under (and for the purposes of) any provision of the previous Immigration Acts shall continue notwithstanding the commencement of the appeals provisions.
(3) For the purposes of this article:
“the appeals provisions” means sections 56 and 57 of the Act; Schedules 2 and 3 to the Act; paragraph 5 of Schedule 4 to the Act; and paragraphs 71, 72, 91 and 98 of Schedule 14 to the Act; and
(4) This article is without prejudice to the operation of the Interpretation Act 1978.
One of Her Majesty’s Principal Secretaries of State
21st January 2000
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: