- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
18. (1) The Secretary of State shall, as soon as practicable, notify his decision on an application or appeal, and his reasons for it in writing to—
(a)all persons entitled to appear at the inquiry who did appear, and
(b)any other person who, having appeared at the inquiry, has asked to be notified of the decision.
(2) Where a copy of the inspector’s report is not sent with the notification of the decision, the notification shall be accompanied by a statement of his conclusion and of any recommendations made by him, and if a person entitled to be notified of the decision has not received a copy of that report, he shall be supplied with a copy of it on written application to the Secretary of State.
(3) In this rule “report” includes any assessor’s report appended to the inspector’s report but does not include any other documents so appended; but any person who has received a copy of the report may apply to the Secretary of State in writing, within 6 weeks of the date of the Secretary of State’s decision, for an opportunity of inspecting any such documents and the Secretary of State shall afford him that opportunity.
(4) Any person applying to the Secretary of State under paragraph (2) shall ensure that his application is received by the Secretary of State within 4 weeks of the Secretary of State’s determination.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: