- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
13th June 2000
Laid before Parliament
23rd June 2000
Coming into force
1st August 2000
(1) following the referral to it of a proposal by the Secretary of State in accordance with subsection (2) of section 368 of the Education Act 1996(1), the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (“the Authority”)(2) has, in accordance with subsection (3) of that section, given notice thereof to the bodies and persons referred to in that subsection and afforded them a reasonable opportunity of submitting evidence and representations as to the issues arising;
(2) in accordance with directions given by the Secretary of State under the said subsection (2), the Authority has submitted its report to the Secretary of State in accordance with subsection (4) of the said section 368;
(3) the Authority has, after submitting its report to the Secretary of State, arranged for it to be published in accordance with subsection (5) of that section;
(4) the Secretary of State has published a draft of the Order and sent copies of it to the Authority and all those who were consulted by the Authority and has allowed a period of not less than one month for the submission of evidence and representations as to the issues arising in accordance with subsection (7) of that section:
Now, therefore, the Secretary of State for Education and Employment, in exercise of the powers conferred on the Secretary of State by sections 356(2)(a) and (b) and (4) and 568(5) and (6) of the Education Act 1996(3), hereby makes the following Order:
The Qualifications and Curriculum Authority was established by section 21 of the Education Act 1997.
By virtue of the National Assembly for Wales (Transfer of Functions) Order 1999 (S.I. 1999/672), the powers conferred by these sections are exercisable by the Secretary of State only in relation to England.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: