- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
9.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2), for the purposes of section 1(1)(b), it shall be a condition of a scheme being a stakeholder pension scheme that the requirements of this regulation are complied with.
(2) This regulation does not apply to a scheme established under a trust.
(3) The manager of the scheme must secure that there is prepared, maintained and from time to time revised a written statement of the principles governing decisions about investments for the purposes of the scheme.
(4) The statement must cover the manager’s policy about the following matters—
(a)the kinds of investments to be held;
(b)the balance between different kinds of investments;
(d)the expected return on investments;
(e)the realisation of investments;
(f)the extent (if at all) to which social, environmental or ethical considerations are taken into account in the selection, retention and realisation of investments; and
(g)the exercise of the rights (including voting rights) attaching to investments.
(5) Subject to paragraph (6), where a copy of the latest statement mentioned in paragraph (3) is requested by a member, the statement shall, within 2 months of the request, be furnished to that member either—
(a)free of charge; or
(b)where a charge is made, at an amount that does not exceed the expense incurred in copying, posting and packing the statement.
(6) A copy of the statement mentioned in paragraph (3) need not be furnished to the same person within 12 months of the person last being given such a copy unless the statement has changed during that 12 month period.
(7) In this regulation “member” includes “beneficiary”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: