- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
41. (1) An application to register particulars of a transaction to which section 25 applies or to give notice to the registrar of particulars of a transaction to which section 27(3) applies shall be made, subject to paragraph (2) below,
(a)relating to an assignment or transaction other than a transaction referred to in sub-paragraphs (b) to (d) below, on form TM16;
(b)relating to a grant of a licence, on form TM50;
(c)relating to an amendment to, or termination of a licence, on form TM51;
(d)relating to the grant, amendment or termination of any security interest, on form TM24; and
(e)relating to the making by personal representatives of an assent or to an order of a court or other competent authority, on form TM24.
(2) An application under paragraph (1) above shall–
(a)where the transaction is an assignment, be signed by or on behalf of the parties to the assignment;
(b)where the transaction falls within sub-paragraphs (b), (c) or (d) of paragraph (1) above, be signed by or on behalf of the grantor of the licence or security interest;
or be accompanied by such documentary evidence as suffices to establish the transaction.
(3) Where the transaction is effected by an instrument chargeable with duty, the application shall be subject to the registrar being satisfied that the instrument has been duly stamped.
(4) Where an application to give notice to the registrar has been made of particulars relating to an application for registration of a trade mark, upon registration of the trade mark, the registrar shall enter those particulars in the register.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: