- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10.—(1) The Road Traffic (Foreign Vehicles) Act 1972(1) shall be amended as follows—
(a)In Schedule 1, at the end, there shall be inserted—
|“Regulation 7 of the Road Transport (Passenger Vehicles Cabotage) Regulations 1999.||To require the production of certain documents which are required to be kept on board certain passenger vehicles.”|
(b)In Schedule 2, at the end, there shall be inserted—
|“Regulations 3, 4 and 7 of the Road Transport (Passenger Vehicles Cabotage) Regulations 1999.||To impose penalties for contravention of certain requirements relating to national passenger services by a carrier registered in a foreign member State.”|
(2) The provisions of the 1981 Act shall have effect, in relation to a vehicle being used to carry out cabotage transport operations, as if sections 6, 12 and 18 were omitted.
(3) In section 65(1) of the 1981 Act after paragraph (a) there shall be inserted the following paragraph:
“(ea)a control document issued under Article 6 of Council Regulation (EC) No. 12/98 of 11 December 1997;”.
(4) In section 66 of the 1981 Act, the word “or” at the end of paragraph (d) shall be omitted and after paragraph (e) there shall be inserted
(f)obtaining the issue of a control document under article 6 of Council Regulation (EC) No. 12/98 of 11 December 1997;”.
(5) In paragraph 9 of Schedule 4 to the Transport Act 1985(2) after the words “or this Act” there shall be inserted “or under the Road Transport (Passenger Vehicles Cabotage) Regulations 1999.”
(6) None of the provisions of Parts II, III, IV and V of the Public Service Vehicles (Conditions of Fitness, Equipment, Use and Certification) Regulations 1981(3) shall have effect in relation to a vehicle which is carrying out a cabotage transport operation in Great Britain in accordance with the Council Regulation.
1972 c. 27; as modified by S.I. 1979/1746, S.I. 1983/1025, S.I. 1984/748, the Road Traffic (Consequential Provisions) Act 1988, section 4 and Schedule 3, and the Road Traffic Act 1991 section 83 and Schedule 8, and S.I. 1999/1322.
1985 c. 67; paragraphs 2(2) and 2(2A) of Schedule 4 were substituted by the Courts and Legal Services Act 1990, section 71(2) and paragraph 65 of Schedule 10.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: