- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10. (1) If the central management considers that a request (or separate request) did not satisfy any requirement of regulation 9(2) or (3) it may apply to the CAC for a declaration as to whether the request satisfied the requirement.
(2) The CAC shall only consider an application for a declaration made under paragraph (1) if—
(a)the application is made within a three month period beginning on the date when a request, or if more than one the first request, was made for the purposes of regulation 9, whether or not that request satisfied the requirements of regulations 9(2) and (3);
(b)the application is made before the central management takes any step to initiate negotiations for the establishment of a European Works Council or an information and consultation procedure; and
(c)at the time when the application is made there has been no application by the central management for a declaration under paragraph (3).
(3) If the central management considers for any reason that the obligation in regulation 9(1) did not apply to it on the relevant date, it may, within a period of three months commencing on the date on which the valid request was made, apply to the CAC for a declaration as to whether that obligation applied to it on the relevant date.
(4) Where the date on which the valid request was made is a date falling before the date of any declaration made pursuant to an application made under this regulation the operation of the periods of time specified in paragraphs (l)(b) and (l)(c) of regulation 18 shall be suspended for a period of time—
(a)commencing on the date of the application; and
(b)ending on the date of the declaration.
(5) If on an application for a declaration under this regulation the CAC does not make any declaration in favour of the central management and considers that the central management has, in making the application or conducting the proceedings, acted frivolously, vexatiously, or otherwise unreasonably, the CAC shall make a declaration to the effect that paragraph (4) does not apply.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: