- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
26. (1) Without prejudice to other requirements of these Regulations and in particular regulation 24(6), where an employee has been subjected to an overexposure paragraph (2) shall apply in relation to the employment of that employee on work with ionising radiation during the remainder of the dose limitation period commencing at the end of the personal dose assessment period in which he was subjected to the overexposure.
(2) The employer shall ensure that an employee to whom this regulation relates does not, during the remainder of the dose limitation period, receive a dose of ionising radiation greater than that proportion of any dose limit which is equal to the proportion that the remaining part of the dose limitation period bears to the whole of that period.
(3) The employer shall inform an employee who has been subjected to an overexposure of the dose limit which is applicable to that employee for the remainder of the relevant dose limitation period.
(4) In this regulation, “dose limitation period” means, as appropriate, a calendar year or the period of five consecutive calendar years.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: