- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
13.—(1) Where there is a change or extension of—
(a)any project in respect of which a consent has been granted pursuant to regulation 4(b); or
(b)any project which commenced prior to the coming into force of these Regulations,
which change or extension may have significant adverse effects on the environment, the licensee shall apply to the Executive for a determination as to whether the project shall be made subject to an environmental impact assessment and shall not commence or continue with the project until such determination has been made.
(2) In determining for the purpose of paragraph (1) whether an environmental impact assessment is required, the Executive shall have regard to the relevant selection criteria set out in Schedule 2.
(3) The licensee shall provide to the Executive such information as it may require to enable the determination referred to in paragraph (1) to be made.
(4) Where the Executive determines for the purposes of paragraphs (1) and (2) that an environmental impact assessment is required in respect of the project, regulations 4 to 10 and 12 shall apply as if any reference in those regulations to the project were a reference to the project as so changed or extended.
(5) Where the Executive determines for the purposes of paragraphs (1) and (2) that an environmental impact assessment is not required in respect of the project, the Executive shall—
(a)in writing, inform the licensee and the Secretary of State of the decision; and
(b)inform the public of the decision by publishing a notice in a newspaper circulating in the locality of the site concerned, or by such other means as are reasonable in the cirumstances, stating the main reasons on which the decision is based.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: