- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10.—(1) Where the Executive receives an application for consent to carry out a project in relation to which the licensee has submitted a statement which he refers to as an environmental statement for the purpose of these Regulations and the Executive is of the opinion that the statement should contain further information in order to be an environmental statement, the Executive shall notify the licensee in writing accordingly and the licensee shall provide that further information, and such information so provided is referred to in these Regulations as “further information”.
(2) Paragraphs (3) to (9) shall apply in relation to further information required of a licensee.
(3) Within 14 days of providing to the Executive the further information referred to in paragraph (1), the licensee shall cause to be published in one or more newspaper circulating in the locality in which the project is to be carried out and, where requested by the Executive, any other newspaper named by the Executive, a notice stating—
(a)the name of the licensee;
(b)the date on which the application for consent to carry out the project was made;
(c)the address or location of the site at which the proposed project is to be carried out;
(d)that further information is available in relation to an environmental statement which has already been provided;
(e)that a copy of the further information may be inspected by members of the public at all reasonable hours;
(f)an address (or addresses) in the locality of the power station or nuclear reactor at which the further information may be inspected and the latest date on which it will be available for inspection (being a date not less than 30 days later than the date on which the notice is published);
(g)an address (or addresses) (whether or not the same as that given under sub-paragraph (f) above) in the locality of the nuclear reactor or power station at which copies of the further information may be obtained;
(h)that copies may be obtained there as long as stocks last;
(i)if a charge is to be made for a copy, the amount of the charge;
(j)that any person wishing to make representations about the further information should make them in writing, before the date specified in accordance with sub-paragraph (f), to the Executive at a specified address.
(4) A copy of the notice required by paragraph (3) shall be provided to the Executive by the licensee within 14 days of the notice being published.
(5) The Executive shall send a copy of the further information to each person to whom, in accordance with these Regulations, the statement to which it relates was sent.
(6) The Executive may by notice in writing require the licensee to provide such number of copies of the further information as is specified in the notice (being the number required for the purposes of paragraph (5)).
(7) Where further information is required to be provided the Executive shall suspend determination of the application and shall not determine it before the expiry of 14 days after the date on which the further information was sent to all persons to whom the statement to which it relates was sent or the expiry of 30 days after the date that notice of it was published in a newspaper in accordance with paragraph (3), whichever is the later.
(8) The licensee who provides further information in accordance with paragraph (1) shall ensure that—
(a)not less than 5 copies of the information are available for inspection by members of the public at all reasonable hours at the address (or addresses) named in the notice published pursuant to sub-paragraph (f) of paragraph (3) as the address at which such copies may be obtained; and
(b)copies of the information are available at the address (or addresses) named in the notice published pursuant to sub-paragraph (g) of paragraph (3) on payment of a reasonable charge reflecting printing and distribution costs.
(9) The Executive may in writing require a licensee to produce such evidence as it may reasonably call for to verify any information in his environmental statement.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: