- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3.—(1) The Council may construct and maintain the scheduled works.
(2) Subject to article 4 below, the scheduled works shall be constructed in the lines or situations shown on the deposited plan and in accordance with the levels shown on the sections.
(3) Subject to paragraph (5) below, the Council may carry out and maintain such of the works specified in sub-paragraphs (a) to (d) below as may be necessary or expedient for the purposes of, in connection with or in consequence of, the construction of the scheduled works, namely—
(a)works to alter the course of, or otherwise interfere with, non-navigable rivers, streams or watercourses,
(b)landscaping and other works to mitigate any adverse effects of the construction, maintenance or operation of the scheduled works,
(c)works for the benefit or protection of premises affected by the scheduled works, and
(d)works for the removal, alteration, diversion or stopping-up of any apparatus, including cables, mains, drains, sewers or watercourses, the Council providing a proper substitute before interrupting the flow in any such drain, sewer or watercourse and obtaining the consent (which shall not be unreasonably withheld) of the owner of any such apparatus before carrying out any such work (unless, if after reasonable enquiry the identity of the owner cannot be ascertained).
(4) Subject to paragraph (5) below, the Council may carry out such other works (of whatever nature) as may be necessary or expedient for the purposes of, in connection with or in consequence of, the construction of the scheduled works.
(5) Paragraphs (3) and (4) above shall not authorise the carrying out or maintenance of works to alter the course of, or otherwise interfere with, navigable rivers or watercourses.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: