- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3. The BT licence shall be amended as follows:
(a)for the Table of Contents there shall be substituted the Table of Contents set out in Schedule 1 hereto;
(b)after paragraph 3 there shall be inserted the following paragraphs—
4. The Interpretation Act 1978 shall apply for the purpose of interpreting this Licence as if it were an Act of Parliament. In this Licence, except as hereinafter provided or unless the context otherwise requires, words or expressions shall have the meaning assigned to them and otherwise any word or expression shall have the same meaning as it has in the Act. For the purpose of interpreting this Licence, headings and titles shall be disregarded.
5. In this Licence, “Licence” means a licence granted or having effect as if granted under section 7 of the Act.
6. For the purposes of this Licence the “Applicable Systems” means any or all of the telecommunication systems run by the Licensee under this Licence unless the context otherwise requires.
7. Where this Licence provides for any power of the Secretary of State or the Director to give any direction, notice or consent or for the Director to make any specification, designation or determination, it implies, unless a contrary intention appears, a power exercisable in the same manner and subject to the same conditions or limitations, to revoke, amend or give or make again any such direction, notice, consent, specification, designation or determination; and any reference however expressed to the Director making any determination or giving any direction or consent about any matter shall be construed as making such determination or giving such direction or consent after consultation with the Licensee and where appropriate with any other person who may have a relevant interest in the matter to which the determination, direction or consent relates.
8. Any notification which is required to be given under this Licence by the Secretary of State or the Director shall be satisfied by serving the document by post on the Licensee at the Licensee’s registered office.”;
(c)for Schedule 1 there shall be substituted Schedule 1 of the standard Schedules, subject to the amendments set out in Schedule 2 hereto;
(d)for Schedule 2 there shall be substituted Schedule 2 of the standard Schedules;
(e)for Schedule 3 there shall be substituted Schedule 3 of the standard Schedules, subject to the following amendment—
in paragraph 3, in paragraph (ii) of sub-paragraph (b) the words—
“if it provides any Conditional Access Services to another person by means of telecommunication systems run under another licence but which could also come within the description of the Applicable Systems authorised to be run by this Licence”
shall be deleted;
(f)for Schedule 4 there shall be substituted Schedule 4 of the standard Schedules; and
(g)for Annex A there shall be substituted Annex A as set out in Schedule 3 hereto.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: