- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. (1) In paragraph 6 of Schedule 3 to the Act, for paragraph (a) there shall be substituted the following paragraph—
“(a)he has demonstrated that he possesses the requiste skills by passing a written examination organised by an approved body and is the holder of a certificate to that effect issued by that body; or”
(2) Paragraph 6 of that Schedule as so amended shall be renumbered as sub-paragraph (1) of that paragraph and after that provision as so renumbered there shall be inserted the following sub-paragraphs—
“(2) The written examination mentioned in sub-paragraph (1)(a) may be supplemented by an oral examination organised by the approved body in the form set out in Annex I to Council Directive No. 96/26/EC.
(3) The certificate mentioned in sub-paragraph (1)(a) must take the form of the certificate set out in Annex Ia to that Directive.”
(3) In paragraph 7 of that Schedule—
(a)in the definition of “approved body”, for the words from “Article 2(4)” to “21st June 1989” there shall be substituted the words “Article 3(4) of Council Directive No. 96/26/EC”; and
(b)in the definition of “the requisite skills”, for the words from “skills in the subjects” to the end there shall be substituted the words “knowledge corresponding to the level of training, for either national or international transport operations as the case may be, provided for in Annex I to that Directive in the subjects there listed.”
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: